Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Much ado about storeTree

I'm not sure what to do with the storeTree class. It seems like a necessary class for my library but the more I think about it, the more superfluous it becomes. At the moment it seems I can avoid it with some creative function calling and only retrieving information as needed instead of storing information about the trees in some variable in the hope that it will be useful later in the code. I'm able to get away from it with the creation of the magic class. Magic defines one function, toKML() which takes a tree file and coordinate file and writes a kml file. This is sort of a pseudo main class. Most of the functions in the library are public and your application can call them as needed, but toKML() takes care of this for you. It calls all the necessary functions as needed and tries to guess at the file types you're using without having to specify them. This may turn out to be really useful or really annoying. In any case this class has helped me add structure to my library and it helps shape the way the functions in the library should be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment